Fauna Pre Clearing and Spotter Catcher Services
Fauna pre-clearing and spotter catcher (ecologist monitoring) services may be required as conditions of development consent, particularly where vegetation clearing may impact native animals & sensitive habitats.
Arbor Ecological provide pre-clearing survey services directly prior to vegetation removal. Pre-clearing surveys take into account previous flora and fauna assessments, threatened species and fauna habitats that may be present, and signs of fauna use of a site.
Fauna spotter catcher services may be required during clearing operations to prevent harm to fauna on site. Care is taken to inspect hollow-bearing trees, ground litter, rock outcrops and other fauna habitats to detect cryptic and other species.
Our fauna wildlife spotter catcher and pre-clearing works include:
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring of clearing works for Bayside Brunswick, Brunswick Heads
- Pre clearing assessment for Evans Head Works Depot extension, Evans Head
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring of roadside clearing for the Pacific Highway upgrade, Coolgardie via Ballina
- Nocturnal stag-watch & fauna spotlighting, & elevated platform spotter catcher works for arboreal mammals in tree branch hollows prior to hazard branch & tree removal, Mount Lindesay Highway, via Kyogle
- Nocturnal stag-watch, fauna spotlighting & call playback for threatened species; daytime pre-clearing fauna searches; and arboreal mammal & lizard spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring works during tree removal, Tabbimoble via Woodburn for the Pacific Highway upgrade
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring works for road culvert repair and replacement, Tintenbar via Ballina.
- Targeted pre clearing fauna searches for land subdivisions, Goonellabah, Lismore, Ewingsdale via Byron Bay, Mcleans Ridges, Ballina, Murwillumbah and Alstonville
- Pre clearing tree and habitat assessments & fauna spotter catcher works for a foreshore development and rehabilitation project, Cardwell North Queensland
- Pre clearing assessment for survey and construction of an Endangered Coastal Emu population trial fence, Tucabia via Grafton
- Monitor threatened Grey-headed Flying-fox responses to vegetation clearing near residences and businesses, Casino
Click on the photos below for more information on our Spotter Catcher and Pre-clearing Survey projects, or to discuss your project requirements please Contact Us