Fauna Pre Clearing and Spotter Catcher Services
Fauna pre-clearing and spotter catcher (ecologist monitoring) services may be required as conditions of development consent, particularly where vegetation clearing may impact native animals & sensitive habitats.
Arbor Ecological provide pre-clearing survey services directly prior to vegetation removal. Pre-clearing surveys take into account previous flora and fauna assessments, threatened species and fauna habitats that may be present, and signs of fauna use of a site.
Fauna spotter catcher services may be required during clearing operations to prevent harm to fauna on site. Care is taken to inspect hollow-bearing trees, ground litter, rock outcrops and other fauna habitats to detect cryptic and other species. We work closely with fauna handling experts as required.
Our fauna wildlife spotter catcher and pre-clearing works include:
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring of clearing works for Bayside Brunswick, Brunswick Heads
- Pre clearing assessment for Evans Head Works Depot extension, Evans Head
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring of roadside clearing for the Pacific Highway upgrade, Coolgardie via Ballina
- Nocturnal stag-watch & fauna spotlighting, & elevated platform spotter catcher works for arboreal mammals in tree branch hollows prior to hazard branch & tree removal, Mount Lindesay Highway, via Kyogle
- Nocturnal stag-watch, fauna spotlighting & call playback for threatened species; daytime pre-clearing fauna searches; and arboreal mammal & lizard spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring works during tree removal, Tabbimoble via Woodburn for the Pacific Highway upgrade
- Spotter catcher/ ecologist monitoring works for road culvert repair and replacement, Tintenbar via Ballina.
- Targeted pre clearing fauna searches for land subdivisions, Goonellabah, Lismore, Ewingsdale via Byron Bay, Mcleans Ridges, Ballina, Murwillumbah and Alstonville
- Pre clearing tree and habitat assessments & fauna spotter catcher works for a foreshore development and rehabilitation project, Cardwell North Queensland
- Pre clearing assessment for survey and construction of an Endangered Coastal Emu population trial fence, Tucabia via Grafton
- Monitor threatened Grey-headed Flying-fox responses to vegetation clearing near residences and businesses, Casino
Click on the photos below for more information on our Spotter Catcher and Pre-clearing Survey projects, or to discuss your project requirements please Contact Us