Vegetation Management Plans (VMP)
Vegetation Management Plans are prepared for public area tree management and rehabilitation / restoration of plant communities through weed management and revegetation.
Michael has extensive experience in vegetation assessment and management. His vegetation assessments commonly include vegetation types and extent, community health and condition, targeted threatened species searches, threats such as weeds, and rehabilitation requirements.
As part of Michael’s contract work with Lismore and Byron Councils he has reviewed and made recommendations on a range of Vegetation Management Plans and their implementation as part of development and land rezoning.
Arbor Ecological prepare high quality vegetation plans customised to client needs and budgets, and with a view to guiding improved vegetation management. Plans outline specific actions, timeframes, resource requirements, monitoring, maintenance, costs, etc.
We use GPS and GIS technologies to prepare maps which are an integral part of our plans. Mapped site features may include tree and vegetation types and locations, corridors, threatened species and high conservation value areas, priority work areas, work directions and photo points. The maps and plans are regularly prepared for managers and bush regenerators working to implement planned actions and activities.
Michael’s horticultural background informs vegetation and tree planting projects that require sound knowledge of species performance under different conditions.
Our vegetation management services include:
- Vegetation assessment & rehabilitation of remnant vegetation, riparian areas and degraded landscapes
- Tree surveys
- Preparation of Rehabilitation and Vegetation Management Plans (VMP)
- Management and rehabilitation of threatened species habitats & EECs
- Native wildlife habitat enhancement of wetland areas
- Vegetation condition monitoring
- Vegetation mapping.
Examples of our vegetation management projects are as follows:
- Roadside vegetation assessment for road maintenance works, Kyogle Shire
- Vegetation assessment for landslip repair works, Bellingen Shire
- Tree impact assessment for power line installation, Illuka
- Vegetation assessment including threatened species and Endangered Ecological Communities for the Pacific Higway upgrade, Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Tree surveys for development impact assessments at Coutts Crossing, Goonellebah and Ballina
- Vegetation management planning for proposed creek crossings, Rosebank via Lismore and Teven via Ballina
- Property vegetation management plans for conservation of wetland, forest and grasslands at Bungawalbin via Casino, Alstonville, Tintenbar via Ballina, Kyogle and Mullumbimby
- Vegetation management planning with 27 landholders, Tucki Tucki Creek via Lismore
- Mangrove and other wetland vegetation assessment for a foreshore rehabilitation project, Cardwell, North Queensland
- Review of Vegetation Management Plans and their implementation for Lismore & Byron Shire Councils as part of development and rezoning applications
- Prepare Vegetation Management Plans for 62 Lot, 152 ha land subdivision Cameron Road, Macleans Ridges via Lismore and 5 Lot and 27 Lot rural land subdivisions, Hampton Road Waterview Heights via Grafton.
Click on the photos below for more information on our Vegetation Management projects, or to discuss your project requirements please get in contact.