Review Of Environmental Factors (REF)
A Review of Environmental Factors (REF) is often prepared to consider the potential impacts on the natural environment as a result of a development or activity.
Arbor Ecological has prepared REFs for consideration by local councils (eg Lismore, Ballina and Richmond Valley Councils) and State Government agencies (eg Office of Environment & Heritage, OEH). Our impact assessments are guided by legislation and present the findings of thorough site assessments and expert studies. They address relevant matters such as potential for significant impacts on threatened species and endangered ecological communities.
Details are also outlined on stakeholder consultation, environmental safeguards, mitigation measures, alternative activities and any required approvals. Assessments of significance (previously 7-part test & 8-part test of significance) are conducted as required under section 5A of the Environmental Protection and Assessment (EP&A) Act.
Our REF projects include:
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for impacts to bird species from harvesting of waterweeds, Lismore
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for pathway opening through NSW State and Commonwealth listed grey-headed flying-fox and littoral rainforest habitats, Evans Head
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for proposed relocation of NSW State and Commonwealth listed grey-headed flying-fox and impacts to lowland subtopical rainforest, Lismore
- SEPP 14 wetland Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for bushfire hazards, Ballina
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) and Tree Risk Assessment report for roadside maintenance clearing, Grevillea via Kyogle
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF) review and addendum preparation for vegetation clearing in a threatened Grey-headed Flying-fox camp near residences and businesses, Casino
- Assessment and preparation of 3 REFs for proposed tree removal and pruning of 400 roadside trees and tree clumps between Dirty Creek and Coolangatta for the Far North Coast Hazard Trees Program
Click on the photos below for more information on our Review of Environmental Factors (REF) projects, or to discuss your project requirements please contact us.