Fauna Spotter Catcher and Pre-clearing Services
Pre-clearing survey and fauna spotter catcher services may be required as conditions of development consent, particularly where vegetation clearing may impact native animals & sensitive habitats.
Arbor Ecological provide and fauna spotter catcher services and pre-clearing survey and assessment services directly prior to vegetation removal. Pre-clearing surveys take into account previous flora and fauna assessments, threatened species, fauna habitats and signs of fauna use of a site.
Care is taken to inspect hollow-bearing trees, ground litter, rock outcrops and other fauna habitats to detect cryptic and other species.
Our spotter catcher and pre-clearing works include:
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP) pre-clearing assessments for arboreal mammals in tree branch hollows prior to hazard branch & tree removal, Mount Lindesay Highway, via Kyogle
- Nocturnal stag-watch & fauna spotlighting, & elevated platform spotter catcher works for arboreal mammals in tree branch hollows prior to hazard branch & tree removal, Mount Lindesay Highway, via Kyogle
- Nocturnal stag-watch, fauna spotlighting & call playback for threatened species; daytime pre clearing fauna searches; and arboreal mammal & lizard spotter catcher works during tree removal, Tabbimoble via Woodburn for the Pacific Highway upgrade
- Spotter catcher works for road culvert repair and replacement, Tintenbar via Ballina.
- Targeted pre clearing fauna searches for land subdivision, Goonellabah via Lismore
- Pre clearing tree and habitat assessments & fauna spotter catcher works for a foreshore development and rehabilitation project, Cardwell North Queensland
- Pre clearing assessment for survey and construction of an Endangered Coastal Emu population trial fence, Tucabia via Grafton
- Monitor threatened Grey-headed Flying-fox responses to vegetation clearing near residences and businesses, Casino
Click on the photos below for more information on our Pre-clearing Survey projects, or to discuss your project requirements please contact us.