Environmental monitoring programs are regularly included as conditions of development consent by councils and other consent authorities.
Arbor Ecological develops, implements, evaluates and reports on environmental monitoring programs tailored to individual projects. Our monitoring programs are designed to detect environmental changes, trends and environmental impacts. They provide an indication of the effectiveness of mitigation measures in place and the success of rehabilitation efforts.
We regularly include photo points to visually record changes to vegetation communities including survival of native plantings, weed and native plant recruitment, and vegetation community health.
Tree Monitoring and Certification
Councils often require a qualified Arborist to verify and provide written confirmation that retained trees on a development site have been correctly protected in accordance with development consent conditions and an approved Tree Protection Plan.
Arbor Ecological works closely with builders and project managers to monitor tree health during construction, and specify tree protection measures and any remedial works or tree health maintenance. Our tree health monitoring services extend beyond the development construction phase to ensure continued tree health and vigor.
Arbor Ecological environmental monitoring services include:
- Environmental monitoring program planning, design & implementation
- Flora & fauna impact monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Tree health and structural stability monitoring
Some of our environmental monitoring projects are as follows:
- Ecological monitoring of threatened species, Endangered Ecological Communities (EECs), vertebrate pests and phytophthora root rot at Shannon Creek Dam via Grafton
- Vegetation monitoring for property vegetation plans at Tweed Heads, Lismore, Ballina and Casino
- Environmental change monitoring of vegetation and fauna habitat, Ballina rural subdivision
- Tree health monitoring following trenching operations, Illuka
- Tree health and phytophthora assessment and monitoring, coast cypress pines and grass tree communities, Jali Aboriginal Land Council, Wardell
- Norfolk Island Pine health monitoring following development impacts, Lennox Head
- Phytophthora monitoring in avocado orchard, Alstonville
Click on the photos below for information on our Environmental Monitoring projects, or to discuss your project requirements please get in contact.