Environmental Impact Assessment
State and Commonwealth governments provide the legal framework for assessment of environmental impacts from proposed developments and activities.
Arbor Ecological provides environmental impact assessment services for a range of clients and projects from owner builders to large scale residential subdivisions and infrastructure projects.
We understand the legal requirements of State and Commonwealth environmental legislation, and provide expert advice on environmental approval matters. Our reports are clear and concise to enable councils and other consent authorities to assess potential environmental impacts of proposed developments.
Initial site assessments aim to identify potential environmental constraints in the planning phase. This allows for any design changes to be made, ecological survey work to be conducted, and mitigation measures put in place to fast-track approvals.
We have extensive experience in identification of environmentally sensitive areas, threatened species, their habitats and Endangered Ecological Communities (EECs).
Michael has extensive experience in ecological planning and assessment roles with NSW State and Local Governments. Review of environmental impact assessment reports for development and rezoning applications was an important part of his roles with Lismore and Byron Shire Councils.
Our environmental impact assessment services include:
- Tree hollow assessment for proposed land subdivision, Kangaroo Creek via Grafton
- Threatened Species assessments and management plans including Koala Plans of Management (KPoM)
- Assessments of Significance – previously 7-part test & 8-part test of significance (s. 5A EP&A Act)
- Matters of National Environmental Significance assessments and EPBC Act referrals
- A range of Environmental Management Plans including Rehabilitation and Vegetation Management Plans (VMP)
- Review of flora and fauna impact assessment reports for Lismore & Byron Shire Councils
- Review of Environmental Factors (REF)
- We also provide technical input into Environmental Impact Statements and Statements of Environmental Effects (SEE).
Our environmental impact assessment projects include:
- Flora and fauna impact assessment of landslip repair works, Waterfall Way, Dorrigo
- Ecological assessment for power line trenching through koala habitat and EEC forest, Illuka
- Flora and fauna impact assessment for bridge construction over Sportsmans Creek, Lawrence via Maclean
- Ecological assessments including freshwater wetland EEC, grass owl and hairy joint grass for road construction, Ballina
- Environmental impact assessment for new land subdivision, Goonellabah via Lismore
- Property vegetation plan as part of agricultural activities, Toonumbar via Kyogle
- Threatened species and habitat assessments, Pacific Highway upgrade, Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Ecological constraints assessment of access tracks to cultural heritage sites for teams of archaeologists and indigenous people, Tucabia to Tyndale via Grafton
- Searches for Aboriginal scar trees near the Pacific Highway with RMS Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Officer
- Ecological impact assessment & report for proposed Ballina Fire Station & Zone Office, NSW Fire & Rescue, Ballina
- Conservation covenant GIS mapping and proposal preparation with landholders for the RMS Pacific Highway upgrade biodiversity offset program, Grafton to Ballina
- Phytophthora assessment of vegetation communities in the Jali Indigenous Protected Area Wardell
Click on the photos below to view some of our Environmental Impact Assessment projects, or to discuss your project requirements please get in contact.