Arborist Tree Impact Assessment Reports
Arborist reports are often required by Councils as part of Development Applications. Our reports are prepared to a high standard and in accordance with Australian Standards and Council guidelines. They address relevant development assessment matters and concerns to facilitate approvals, construction and protection of retained trees.
Arboricultural impact assessment reports identify tree impacts, and make recommendations for tree retention, tree removal, tree monitoring, and tree protection measures for retained trees identified in Tree Protection Plans.
In line with AS 4970-2009 – Protection of Trees on Development Sites, our reports and plans take into account development activities and their timing such as construction methods, site access (machinery & personnel), cut and fill operations, installation of services, landscaping, and any areas for storage, stockpiling and equipment washing.
Tree Protection Plans
Tree Protection Plans guide tree protection and development works to ensure compliance with Council conditions of development consent. Plans outline tree protection measures and specify measures to allow development to proceed with minimal tree impacts. The detailed Tree Protection Plan drawing or figure is integral to the process and is kept on site during construction with other development plans.
We work closely with clients, designers, architects and builders to specify tree removal, tree retention and workable tree protection measures that minimise tree impacts and enable developments to proceed as planned. Our tree protection measures are best practice and cost effective. They address building and construction methods near trees and compensatory measures as required within Tree Protection Zones (TPZs) and Structural Root Zones (SRZs) where minor and major tree root or tree crown encroachments are proposed. Our plans are prepared in line with Council guidelines and the Australian industry standard AS 4970-2009 Protection of Trees on Development Sites.
Reports for Tree Removal & Pruning
Arborist assessment reports to remove or prune trees are regularly required under Council Development Control Plans (DCPs), Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) and the like. Our recommendations are based on having a sound understanding of development plans, tree health and condition, site conditions and potential hazards. We regularly recommend suitable tree replacements where tree removal is recommended.
Preliminary Tree Assessment or Development Constraints Reports
Preliminary Tree Assessment and development constraints reports are prepared early in the design process to identify development constraints and guide development layout and design.
Assessments focus on identifying trees that may be impacted by the development, trees suitable for retention and trees that may need to be removed based on the preliminary development layout and tree hazard assessments. Preliminary Tree Assessment reports can save money in the long run.
Other arborist reports include pre-purchase tree reports, tree valuation reports, and root location / root mapping reports following non-destructive high pressure air or water (hydro vacuum excavation) to locate roots in relation to buildings, underground service and construction.
Recent arborist reports for development include:
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for Aboriginal scar tree for upgrade of the Pacific Highway, Coolgardie via Ballina
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for rainforest and eucalypt trees including threatened species, Seacliffs, Suffolk Park
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for a Coast Banksia, Seacliffs, Suffolk Park
- Tree removal and retention recommendations for a dual occupancy development proposal and following severe storm damage, Maclean
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for expansion of Saint Catherines Residential Aged Care Facility, Grafton
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for multi-stemmed Norfolk Island Pine and building construction and alterations, RLA Building Design, East Ballina
- Leopard Tree root impact assessment for driveway construction, Goonellabah via Lismore
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for very large Moreton Bay Fig and building construction, Lennox Head
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for large Coastal Cypress Pine and building proposal in business zone, Brunswick Heads
- Flooded Gum and Pink Bloodwood tree root impact assessment, East Lismore
- Preliminary tree assessment report for numerous rainforest trees and proposed residential development, Wollongbar via Ballina
- Preliminary tree assessment report for building demolition and construction of residential units, Ballina
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for bridge crossing on Maguires Creek, Teven via Ballina
- Tree impact assessment report for very large Norfolk Island Pine, Lennox Head
- Tree impact assessment report with Tree Protection Plan for Forest Red Gums, Caroona Village development (Stage 3), Goonellabah via Lismore
Click on the photos below for more information on our arborist reports and plans for development projects, or to discuss your project requirements please Get in Contact