Arborist Reports for Development
Arborist reports are often required by Councils as part of Development Applications. Arbor Ecological reports are prepared to a high standard and in accordance with Australian Standards and Council guidelines. They address all relevant development assessment matters and facilitate DA approvals.
Tree Protection Plans
Tree Protection Plans guide tree protection and development works to ensure compliance with Council conditions of development consent. Plans outline tree protection measures and specify management of Tree Protection Zones (TPZ), tree monitoring and certification. An important part of the plan is the Tree Protection Plan drawing or figure which is kept on site during construction as part of the development plans.
Arbor Ecological works closely with clients, designers and builders to minimise tree impacts and enable developments to proceed with best practice, cost effective tree protection measures. Our professional advice and recommendations include building and construction methods near trees. We also advise on compensatory offsets where minor and major encroachments are proposed into Tree Protection Zones and Structural Root Zones (SRZs). Our plans are prepared in accordance with the Australian industry standard AS 4970-2009 Protection of Trees on Development Sites.
Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Reports
Arboricultural Impact Assessment reports are regularly required to be submitted with Development Applications. They identify tree impacts, and make recommendations for tree retention, tree removal, and tree protection methods for retained trees in a Tree Protection Plan.
In line with AS 4970-2009 – Protection of Trees on Development Sites, our reports and plans take into account development activities and their timing such as construction methods, site access (machinery & personnel), cut and fill operations, installation of services, landscaping, and areas for storage, stockpiling and equipment washing.
Reports for Tree Removal & Pruning
Arborist assessment reports to remove or prune trees are regularly required under Council Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) and other government regulations. Arbor Ecological recommendations are based on thorough tree health and hazard assessments. We are able to recommend suitable tree replacements where tree removal is recommended.
Preliminary Tree Assessment or Development Constraints Reports
Preliminary Tree Assessment and development constraints reports are prepared early in the design process to identify development constraints and guide development layout and design.
Assessments focus on identifying trees that may be impacted by the development, trees suitable for retention and trees that may need to be removed based on the preliminary development layout and tree hazard assessments. Preliminary Tree Assessment reports can save money in the long run.
Other arborist reports include pre-purchase tree reports, tree valuation reports, and root location / root mapping reports following non-destructive high pressure air or water (hydro vacuum excavation) to locate roots in relation to buildings, underground service and construction.
Recent arborist reports and development plans include:
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for multi-stemmed Norfolk Island Pine and building construction and alterations, RLA Building Design, East Ballina
- Leopard Tree root impact assessment for driveway construction, Goonellabah via Lismore
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for very large Moreton Bay Fig and building construction, Lennox Head
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for large Coastal Cypress Pine and building proposal in business zone, Brunswick Heads
- Flooded Gum and Pink Bloodwood tree root impact assessment, East Lismore
- Preliminary tree assessment report for numerous rainforest trees and proposed residential development, Wollongbar via Ballina
- Preliminary tree assessment report for building demolition and construction of residential units, Ballina
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for bridge crossing on Maguires Creek, Teven via Ballina
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report for very large Norfolk Island Pine, Byron Bay Scaffold, Lennox Head
- Arboricultural (Tree) Impact Assessment Report and Tree Protection Plan for Forest Red Gums, Caroona Village development (Stage 3), Goonellabah via Lismore
Click on the photos below for more information on our Development Report projects, or to discuss your project requirements please get in contact.